CAHC (Description)

Cincinnati Area Handmade Creations

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Repurpose Anything

I’m Bethany from i love SoOh and not only do I love Southern Ohio but I also love repurposing. I spend most of my days exploring Southern Ohio but when I’m not doing that I love taking on repurposing projects. Repurposing is all about reusing an item for a different purpose. I try to keep all my repurposing jobs simple because for me it is all about being thrifty and creative. I try to either use supplies I already have or buy supplies from a thrift store. Today, I’m going to share a project that I hope inspires people to start looking at things that they would normally throw away as items you can repurpose.

Project: Laptop-packing-holder Picture Frames

Supplies: Chalkboard Spray (I highly recommend buying a can and using it for all sorts of projects) and Laptop Packing Holders

The picture to the right is one of the four corner holders for a package that contained my shipped laptop.

Hmm…it looks like something to me…?
Bingo!
I simply sprayed painted the cardboard corner holder with black chalkboard paint. As you can see, it sits just like a picture frame so I adhered a photo to the frame using double-sided tape. I also could have used glue stick to make it lay flush against the frame.

Now, I didn’t share this project for people to necessarily do themselves. If you are lucky enough to have corner pieces like these by all means go for it but the beauty of repurposing (in my mind) is that projects come to you serendipitously. You don’t have to spend the time or money seeking items and buying craft supplies. It is all about on the fly creativity. So keep your eyes open and your wheels turning and you’ll find all sorts of neat repurpose projects that fall in your lap.

I’d love to read other repurpose projects so please share yours. Also, I often save items because I know I could use it for something but I don’t know what. Of course that can get dangerous if it turns it hoarding (shudder). So, if you are in a pickle of not having any ideas for what to do with an item, share it here! I’m sure I or someone else can give you some ideas.

Thanks for reading and you can find occasional craft projects at my blog as well as lots of posts on what to do in Southern Ohio.


No comments:

Post a Comment